Two from Lincoln Lake, CO
Powder Keg (v6 ) and Steep Grades, Sharp Curves (v5)
Lincoln Lake is a new and very popular area at the moment. Not just because of the limitless FA’s, but because it is one of the few areas in Colorado that are climable right now. Since there will be a ton of pads in the area, I encourage women to go there and establish some FA’s of their own, not just FFA’s. Below are two climbs featuring Kristen Kirkland. Thanks for the videos and the beta!
- both hands matched on the start hold, left foot on the jib, right foot flagged
- move left hand to the next good hold, heel hook to bring right hand to match
- left foot up, left hand to jug, match hands
- bump left hand over, right heel hook to cross right hand to rail
- left foot up again, left hand to low part of sloper
- right heel up on jug to match hands, move right foot up as high as you can
- lock off and go right hand to crimp on the face
- switch feet, make insecure move with left hand to the lip
- establish hands on lip, reach back to sloper jug
- right heel up and mantle
(side notes: most people get higher on the sloper rail before locking
off to the crimp because the foot is too high with the low hands.
crossing left hand to the lip is also unconventional, most bump right
hand to the lip)
Steep Grades, Sharp Curves
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 at 8:19 am and is filed under Boulder Problems. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
3 Responses to “Two from Lincoln Lake, CO”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Analytics Plugin made by VLC Media Player