The Kind V5, Emerald Lake – RMNP, CO
The Kind is definitely a classic of Rocky Mountain National Park. It’s located in the Emerald Lake bouldering area. In this video, Alexis Mascarenas shows us the best version of girl beta for this problem. It is a tough V5, where each move is powerful, and you will need good heel hooking shoes. I recommend the Vapor V by SCARPA.
- Start both hands in the jug, left foot directly under jug, right foot out to partial drop knee.
- Big move to good square ledge, switch right foot with left, left hand goes to jug up and left of the right hand.
- Right heel hook around the start jug, right hand goes to (what looks like) the farthest square ledge.
- Right foot heel hook out to the right and move left heel hook in (yes, double heel hooks people), come into the left hand hold just under the right hand.
- Keep heel hooks and big move to jug with right hand. Left foot may cut.
- Bring left foot up to knee level foot hold, right foot flags, left hand flips to side pull.
- Move left heel hook by left hand, and match right hand jug.
- Left hand moves to sideways sloping ledge, and match (keep feet the same).
- Left hand moves up to next jug (keep feet the same).
- RIght foot steps high, right hand moves to right hand jug, then bump to the next jug just below the lip.
- Left foot back step and move to the lip (its good! You just have to go a touch to the right).
- Heel hook and mantle to the top!
This entry was posted on Thursday, September 8th, 2011 at 4:33 am and is filed under Boulder Problems. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “The Kind V5, Emerald Lake – RMNP, CO”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Analytics Plugin made by VLC Media Player